Harbinger of Fall: ‘More Than the Score’ Registration is Open
Today’s relatively pleasant temperatures has many of the denizens of UVA Today headquarters in an autumnal frame of mind. Can it be that U.Va.’s football season-opener is just three weeks away?
With that in mind, it’s time to start signing up for the “More Than the Score” pre-game lecture series, during which U.Va. faculty members share some of their wisdom on topics of general interest. The free lectures are held in Alumni Hall at 10 a.m. on the day of home football games, generally giving attendees plenty of time to participate in other pre-game festivities; pre-registration is requested.
The complete lineup appears after the break …
- Sept. 1: How Jefferson’s Misinterpretations Led to His Masterpiece – The Lawn , Bruce Boucher, director, U.Va.’s Fralin Museum of Art
- Sept. 8: Virginia on the Silver Screen , Jody Kielbasa, director, Virginia Film Festival; and Rita McClenny, interim president and CEO, Virginia Tourism Corporation
- Sept. 29 : Is Our Ocean in Crisis? A Perspective on the State of This Precious Resource , Stephen Macko, professor, Department of Environmental Sciences
- Oct. 13 (Homecomings Weekend): What is the Defining Decade for Adulthood? , Meg Jay, assistant clinical professor, Curry School of Education
- Oct. 20: Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball: Politics Is a Good Thing! , Larry Sabato, professor and director, U.Va. Center for Politics
- Nov. 10 : Our Energy Future: Developing Domestic Resources , T. Brent Gunnoe, professor, Department of Chemistry; and Harry Gray, professor, California Institute of Technology
If you haven’t been, give it a try.